Mattresses Made In the USA
As the leader of the online mattress industry, BedInABox® developed the mail-order mattress-in-a-box model, allowing high-quality mattresses to be shipped directly to your door, risk-free. Our method of distribution revolutionized the mattress industry, making mattress shopping more convenient and affordable. What makes BedInABox® stand out from other mattress companies is our approach to manufacturing and our philosophy of providing the highest-quality, American made mattress on the market.Shop BedInABox® Mattresses
A History of American Made Mattresses
Every BedInABox® mattress has been made and manufactured in the United States since the inception of our company. In 2006, after 18 months of research, experimentation, and discovery in Johnson City, Tennessee, the first mattress was boxed and shipped direct to consumer. The concept of a bed in a box came to fruition when a foam expert, a digital marketer, and a machinist sought to answer the question: What if a queen-sized mattress could fit into a box small enough for freight companies to accept, allowing mattresses to become an e-commerce product that could be shipped to your door? Thus, in 2006, a new e-commerce industry was born from the imagination and leadership of Bill Bradley, the creator of the first machine used to pack a mattress in a box.
Through the years, BedInABox® has remained true to our philosophy of keeping all aspects of mattress manufacturing within the contiguous United States. In 2018, we merged operationally with NCFI, making BedInABox® the only major US-based e-commerce mattress brand with foam pouring, mattress assembly, and customer service happening concurrently under one roof. This means that our quality control is virtually unmatched – we control and monitor the entire manufacture of your mattress from start to finish, ensuring that your mattress will be everything you dreamed of (and more).
Companies Who Build Their Mattresses in the USA
Unfortunately, the mattress in a box market is saturated with companies who do not manufacture their sleep products in the United States. Those companies that do are far and few between, making BedInABox® quite unique in this regard. By choosing to manufacture our mattresses in the U.S., our team can maintain hands-on involvement in both the mattress manufacturing and distribution processes. From processing orders, to overseeing quality control and ensuring that every mattress order is shipped correctly from our manufacturing facility to your door, we supervise every step.Shop BedInABox® Mattresses
Companies Who Build Their Mattresses Outside of the USA
A majority of our competitors do not manufacture their mattresses themselves, making them more like marketing firms than mattress companies. A primary reason many of these companies choose to outsource their mattress manufacturing, often outside of the U.S., is to maximize revenue by reducing costs. This inevitably means that product quality will be compromised, as these companies cannot oversee every step of the manufacturing and fulfillment processes. When it is so easy to find an industry supplier that will build and ship products, it allows major mattress e-commerce companies to focus primarily on the services they use to sell their products versus the construction and quality of their products.
Why Buy American Memory Foam
While there are many reasons why we choose to manufacture our memory foam mattresses in the United States, the most important is because we prioritize quality over quantity:
- Every mattress purchased lends support to American jobs. Manufacturing in the United States creates jobs for the middle-class, which keeps the economy strong. When you buy an American made mattress, you’re helping our business create jobs in our communities.
- Locally manufactured mattresses actually have significantly lower shipping costs, allowing us to ship your products to you for free, making BedInABox® an economical choice to keep your wallet happy.
- Cutting down on transit and delivery saves energy, as well, making local manufacturing a more eco-friendly option. You can feel good about the impact that your mattress has on the environment!
- The United States has some of the highest standards for safety and quality control. Not only are you receiving a mattress of the highest quality, but our valued employees are also staying safe during the production process.
Why to Avoid Off-Shore Memory Foam
Just as there are many reasons to buy American-made memory foam, there are many reasons why avoiding off-shore memory foam is a good idea. Purchasing a mattress made off shore risks the quality of the mattress and can lead to future issues.
- Mattresses of a lower quality deteriorate more quickly, when they should be lasting about 8-10 years if they are made to meet the BedInABox® standard.
- Mattresses made with off-shore memory foam tend to be more expensive than their USA- manufactured counterparts or may come with more expensive shipping costs.
- Off-shore memory foam has a more negative impact on the environment, from the manufacturing process to shipping and delivery. Off-shore products require more travel time and energy, leading to a large carbon footprint.
- If a mattress is sourced or manufactured off shore, it can be difficult to trace where it comes from or who has been involved in the process. The United States is unique in its standards for safety and quality control, while other places may have lower standards that could negatively affect employees.
All of our mattresses are CertiPUR-US® certified, meaning that our memory foam has been tested by independent, accredited laboratories to meet certain standards for content, emissions, and durability. You can rest assured that all BedInABox® mattresses and memory foam are free from harmful chemicals including mercury, lead, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and phthalates, as well as safe from releasing volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions, which can worsen or lead to health issues.
In addition to the CertiPUR-US® certification, all our mattresses hold the Standard 100 label by OEKO-TEX®. This certification ensures that each mattress undergoes rigorous laboratory testing for materials which may be harmful to human health. From the memory foam to the cover, each component of our mattresses is tested and proven safe so that you can sleep easy.
Last but not least, our Eco-Lux® mattress is the only USDA Bio-Preferred® memory foam mattress. It is approved by the Bio-Preferred® committee and certified to contain 34% renewable content. In furthering our commitment to sustainability and reducing our carbon footprint, 34% of the Eco-Lux® is made with renewable materials.
Order a Mattress in a Box Made in the USA
Producing our materials and mattresses in the USA ensures the quality that our customers expect in their sleep. The CertiPUR-US® and OEKO-TEX® certifications mean that the foams that we develop for our unique memory foam mattresses have been tested in accredited labs and are safe to sleep on. Understanding the importance of these certifications and the benefits of a mattress made in the USA can help you make better, more sustainable choices when looking for a new mattress. We now offer seven different mattress models, all made using our certified BedInABox® memory foams, to match the diversity of our customers.
Regardless of your sleep preferences or mattress needs, you can count on BedInABox® to deliver. You spend nearly 1/3 of your life sleeping, and we just want to ensure that you spend it well.Shop Mattresses