Is Sleeping Flat Bad For You?
While it’s not necessarily bad for everyone, sleeping flat can prevent you from getting truly restful and restorative, precious sleep.
Consider this list of issues affecting sleep:
- Acid reflux
- Poor circulation
- Lower back pain
- Sleep Apnea
- Sciatica/restless leg syndrome
- Knee and hip discomfort
- Sinus congestion / Breathing difficulties
Health professionals recommend an adjusted or elevated sleep position to “help” any of the above issues. Think about it – if you snore, shouldn’t your head be elevated to open the airway to reduce snoring? Same with acid reflux or sinus congestion and many breathing issues. Elevating your legs and bending your knees may reduce lower back pain and discomfort by taking pressure off the hips, while also helping your mattress support the small of your back more effectively. Try it tonight- put a pillow under your knees - it has been shown that this will often help reduce back pain, as well as hip and knee discomfort.
Odds are that you may suffer from at least one of the aforementioned sleep issues. The question then is, does your current mattress alone, address your sleep issue allowing you to sleep more soundly? If the answer is no, and your sleep issue is robbing you of restful sleep, then it’s time to do something about it. Bed In A Box has been manufacturing and selling high-quality pressure relieving mattresses with great back support since 2004. Now is the perfect time to buy a new Bed In A Box premium mattress along with Motion In A Box adjustable bed base and get the restorative and restful sleep you have been dreaming of!
Adjustable base technology has advanced significantly. Read in bed. Watch TV. Choose a different setting from your partner. Alleviate back pain and muscle aches. Get better support. Stop snoring. Defeat acid reflux. Alleviate leg cramps and enjoy nearly-unlimited comfort options at the touch of a button with a Bed In A Box adjustable base. Think about the position you fell asleep in last night and the position you woke up in this morning. Chances are, you were in a flat sleeping position and have been your whole life. But sleeping flat isn’t the norm anymore, and with good reason.
If you’re curious, we can offer insight into the advantages of an elevated, adjustable sleep system.
- Raise and lower the head
- Raise and lower the feet
- Preprogrammed & Programmable, Customizable Memory positions
- Large Button Easy to use Wireless Remote and Bluetooth compatible connectivity App (iPhone & Android)
Bed In A Box Mattresses on Motion In A Box adjustable bed bases inspire relaxation and rejuvenation and are the ideal centerpiece for your customized bedroom haven. With the touch of a button, your bed adapts to whatever position you desire, effortlessly increasing your comfort. Adjustable beds are recognized as one of the best ways to get a comfortable night’s sleep. A king split is the ultimate in personal adjustment bliss! Get separate controls for independent adjustment from your sleeping partner. No more waking up from their movements!
ADJUST YOUR SLEEP, ADJUST YOUR HEALTH!
Not surprisingly, a comfortable night’s sleep leads to many health benefits as well. Sleeping on a Premium Bed In A Box mattress with a Motion In A Box adjustable bed base can help alleviate multiple types of pain and even improve your relationship.
- Helps with swelling. For those who have swelling due to fluid retention in the body, elevation is a must.
- Reduces pain in joints and ligaments. People living with Arthritis can find temporary relief when using an adjustable bed.
- Helps alleviate back pain. Pain in the back is caused by improper dispersal of pressure or incorrect support for the spine.
- Helps improve sleep apnea symptoms.
- Helps reduce asthma flare-ups.
- Improves blood circulation and helps with heart issues.
- Offers multiple comfort levels. Sometimes a good night’s rest simply comes down to a matter of comfort.
- Increases accessibility. Some individuals have to stay in bed for long periods of time, such as those with an inability to walk, those who are pregnant, and people with any mobility issues.
- Helps improve digestion. For those who eat close to bedtime or wake up to snack, lying flat can cause digestion to be interrupted.
- Helps improve relationships. An adjustable bed can help couples who find themselves too stiff or experience chronic aches and pain find more comfortable ways to be intimate
- Helps with discomfort associated with pregnancy.