- What information do you collect about me?
- Who might get information about me from you?
- How do you protect my information?
- How can I review and correct information you have about me?
- Is there additional information for Web site visitors?
- Why do you request my e-mail address?
- What about Web site security?
- What about links to other Web sites?
- Information is gathered from you, your transactions with us, and outside sources.
- We will use your information only for the purpose of conducting our business and provide products to you via e-commerce.
- We refrain from sharing your information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent.
- We limit access to your personal information and use safeguards to help protect it.
- You may elect to review and correct your information.
We collect information from you for the purpose of fulfilling your order and servicing your account. This information is called "Nonpublic Personal Information" when it identifies you and is not available to the public. Depending upon your transaction with BedInABox.com, we collect it from some or all of the following sources. We have provided some examples for each source, but not all may apply to you.
- Purchase Order information: You provide this on your Purchase Order, by phone, or online. It includes your name, street and e-mail addresses.
- Transaction information: This is information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others. It also includes information that we require for billing and payment.
- Web site information: This information is unique to Internet transactions. It includes any Affiliate Web site that may have linked you to ours, your computer operating system, and the pages you viewed on our site. Some websites, including ours, may also store "cookies" on your computer. Cookies collect technical data, like your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, and session ID. They can also save certain information entered by you.
We will only share information about you only as permitted by law. We will not share your Nonpublic Personal Information with other companies for their marketing purposes without your consent. There is no need for you to "opt out" or tell us not to do this.
Disclosures include those that we feel are necessary to prevent fraud, perform research or comply with laws. Those that receive this information include, for example, consumer reporting agencies, law enforcement, courts and government agencies. These parties may disclose the information to others as permitted by law. For example, Consumer reporting agencies may disclose Transaction Information received from us, as permitted by law, to other companies with which you do business.
Where it is permitted by law, we may also disclose Application or Transaction Information to service
providers that help us to market our products. These service providers may include financial institutions
with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Back to top
We will restrict access to your Non-public Personal Information to employees and others who we feel must use it
to fulfill orders and provide service. Their use of the information is limited by law, our employee code of conduct and
written agreements where appropriate. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect
your personal information.
Back to top
To review the information we have about you, simply login to your account using the User ID and Password provided when
you registered. You may review your personal information and make any changes or corrections to your account.
We identify the companies that have provided Consumer Report Information about you when you login to your account.
Back to top
Yes. When you visit our website, we may use the information we collect to provide services to you. We use this information to better understand what you want so that we can improve your online experience. For example, if you start a Purchase Order on our website, but decide to finish it later, we will save your information so you can pick up where you left off. We also use Web Site Information to analyze use of our Web sites. Information that does not identify you, or that you give us for contests and surveys, may be used for marketing purposes.
We may elect to use advertising agencies to place our ads on websites. These advertising companies may use non-personally identifiable information about visits to websites, together with non-personally identifiable information about your purchases and interests from other online and offline sources, to provide ads about goods and services that may interest you. In addition, we may elect to share website usage data with these companies to manage and target ads and for market research. We and our advertising agencies may note some of the pages you visit on our website through the use of web beacons. While serving ads to this site, our advertising agencies may elect to place or recognize unique cookies on your computer.
You may choose to have your computer notify you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to reject all cookies.
You can do this by changing the settings on your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Netscape, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
Each browser is different so look at your browser's "Help" menu to learn how to modify the settings to reflect
your cookie preferences. If, however, you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to gain access to many
features that make your Web shopping experience smoother, and even some of our services may not function in
the manner we intend.
Back to top
We ask you for your e-mail address so that we can send you e-mails concerning your transactions with us and other information that may be of use to you. Per your request, we may also use your e-mail address to provide updates about our products and services. You can stop receiving these e-mail updates any time you like. To make sure you get our e-mail, we or our service provider may receive confirmations when you open them or click-through e-mail links. These confirmations may show whether your e-mail preferrence supports graphics, so we can create a custom message to you.
We promise not to share your e-mail address with any other companies for their marketing purposes without
your explicit consent.
Back to top
The security measures we take at BedInABox.com help ensure that your information and data is secured and encrypted, so that others cannot access it while it is in transit or any other time. We limit access to our servers and require our employees to adhere to the highest standards of business ethics and integrity when performing their jobs.
We use what is known as a secure server and security protocols
to safeguard any information you provide during your
purchase process. Our secure server uses a
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to interact with you when you provide personal
information during your purchase process. We handle your information via 256-bit encryption.
Every secure page on our website has a digital certificate.
This is shown via the
site certificate that resides on all secure pages.
To view it, click on the image of the "closed lock" or the "solid key" at the bottom of your browser window. A small
frame that displays security information will appear. Click on "subject" to verify that you are actually on our site.
Click on "Issuer" to verify who the site certification authority is.
Back to top
Our website may have links to other sites that do not belong to us. These links are for your convenience.
We make no warranties about other websites. We recommend that you read the privacy and security policy
of sites you visit.
Back to top